Monday, August 3, 2009

SATURDAY!!!!!!!! HIKE!!!!!!! ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

IT's HIKE DAY!! IT'S HIKE DAY!! TO DEHRADUN!!!! Actually the technical destination is Rajpur, BUT our OVERALL destination was Dehradun!!:) SO 6am, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!! No it's not a truck backing up IT'S MY ALARM!! RISE AND SHINE IT'S DAY HIKING TIME!!! (Cool Runnings, anyone!?) 6am, got up tried making hard boiled eggs!! Could not have failed any better!! Eat your heart out Juliet Child!! Never turned on the stove to this point before, never tried filling a pot with purified water before, it was a morning of firsts!! I open the fridge, pull out the eggs, and sure enough EVERY SINGLE EGG WAS FROZEN!! Mainly the fridge's fault, but in the eggs' defense they have been in there since I arrived, plus a couple days before I arrived to my apartment!! Put the eggs in the pan full of tap water (no good right there), BUT I figure the boiling water will purify the water, a 2fer!!! Boil the eggs while cleaning the water!! Yeah that failed like a fat guy sitting in an airplane seat!! No good!! The water took literally 30 minutes to boil and at that point I had to go, so I broke open an egg and sure enough it was STILL frozen, decided NOT to bring the gross uneatable eggs to the group for breakfast!! Throw all 14 away and gather my things and out the door I go at 6:40am!! Now the plan was to meet at Woodstock at 7am, Ms. Nicole, Matt and I decided the night before 6am, but after talking to Dave figured that was not necessary!! So Dave and I decided to change the time to 7am and I would let Matt and Nicole know!! Well knowing this world of technology we live in I have 3 ways to try and reach them: phone, e-mail and of course facebook!! Send messages via e-mail and facebook, and try calling them!! Never got a hold of them by phone!! However, I did have a 4th backup plan!! I told Aman and Kate to tell Matt or Nicole that the time was changed to 7!! IT WORKED FOR MATT!! Aman saw Matt and let him knew, so Matt knew!! I had no idea about Nicole!! Apparently, 6am arrived and Nicole was waiting AT WOODSTOCK!! She leaves, goes home, at 6:40am NOW checks her e-mail and what do you know gets my message about meeting!! Luckily she made it and they start off from Woodstock!! I meet up with them about 7:15am, so they would have been 10 minute walk away from Woodstock!! We're all happy, fresh and ready to go hiking to Rajpur!! We take my normal way home all the way up to Wynberg-Allen Junior school!! Now if we were going to my apt. we'd take a right, however, we need to go down, down, down, down 5000ft. so we took a left (the downward way)!!! Start heading down and everything is good to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment