Saturday, January 23, 2010

Axe, sweat and heritage!!!!:)

I don't know if it's all this talk about Vikings, or having heritage from Scandinavia but I've been thinking more and more lately about the future after Woodstock, after Europe if I get a job there and what my dream is looking like!!! For some reason I've always had this sensation for the simple life, which is a big reason I moved to India, can't get any simpler than that!! Well you can, but compared to the states it's simpleton!! There's something about chopping your own wood, being away from technology (as I type on my computer), building your own fire for heat in the winter, growing a beard and no one judging your professionalism with it, and being miles and miles away from civilization!!! I think another big reason I've been really thinking about the simple life is I recently watched the movie Inglourious Basterds with Brad Pitt and directed by Tarantino!! Anyways, the opening scene is a French man (dairy farmer) chopping wood in a WIDE open green field that you can see in the distance for miles upon miles!! He lives in a simple double room wooden house, with 3 daughters, and he's got the typical farmer's outfit on, well at least what they wore back in the 1940's during WWII, suspenders, wool pants, and white cotton shirt!!! The thought of having the manual labor chores everyday, getting up at 6am with a hard days work ahead is such a fulfilling thought!! Then either biking or running 4-5 miles to school everyday to get my teaching on!!! I think this might be a possibility if I ever got a job in a small country town in Sweden, Norway or Finland!! Granted I'll have to learn and become fluent in their language, which I'm not complaining over here!!:) That'd be awesome!! Jeg er sa glad to do that!!!:) Ja sure ya betcha it'd be swell to have such a simple life!! And the best part about the simple life, IT'S HARD WORK!!!! Don't have machines doing all the labor for you, you gots to go and do it yourself!! Chopping wood in the middle of the winter to stay warm, in the SNOW!!!!! Well those are my thoughts right now, thought I'd share them!!!:) HAPPY DREAMING!!!!!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment