Saturday, February 27, 2010

A SWEDEN HERE WE COME!!!!:)

So I tried to keep this a surprise as long as possible, but getting in touch with some of you is freakin difficult with a 10 1/2 hour time difference and busy schedules as it is!! BUT I'm just gonna go ahead and say it anyways, enough waiting around!!! The Swedish flag on here represents SWEDEN and the country I am going to visit AFTER I get done with my Paavo Nurmi Marathon in Finland!!!!!!!!! It's only 10 euros by Viking Ferry to travel from Turku, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden!!! An opportunity I just can't pass up for such a great price!! AND as of Saturday I am officially booked for the "Best Hostel Old Town Skeppsbron" in Stockholm, Sweden for 5 nights!!!! SO IT'S HAPPENING!!! Seriously the idea of hostels is an amazing one!!! Makes traveling so much cheaper and that more fun!!! Get to meet new people and hear their stories while you try and get some sleep with 5 other people in the room!!!! THUS, overall my trip will officially now be from June 25th (Friday) to July 10th (Saturday)!!! I will be in Finland from June 25th - July 4th (taking a day ferry to Stockholm on July 4th) and then will be in Sweden from July 4th - July 10th (when I depart from the Stockholm airport)!!!:) And in ALL of that chaos I will be running a marathon on July 3rd!!!:) HECK YES TO THIS SUMMER!!!! I think the most exciting part (besides the marathon of course) will be the ability to rent a BICYCLE and bike around Finland and Sweden!!!! Cause both hostels come equipped with rent-able bikes!! Now in Sweden I'm not sure how much biking I will be doing on Monday and possibly Tuesday after just running a marathon, but definitely in Finland and the latter part of the week in Sweden it will be all biking!!:) Since I've had SO much opportunity to do it here so far!!! Which is one of my goals for next year is to either buy a bicycle overseas and ship it in, OR buy a bike from Dehradun!!! Either or I will be biking by next Spring!!! Well now you know why Sweden's flag was on my blog with ???????!!!:) This summer will be AMAZING!!! I don't know how the next summer will top that!!! Maybe a 2 week trek at 20,000ft in the Himalayas!!!! WHO KNOWS!!!!!! But for sure a marathon a summer will have to continue!! Not since 2006 have I not ran one in the summer!! And last summer it was 2, and as Jon said, NEVER doing that again so close together!!!:) OUCH!! Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Sunday and HAPPY SMILING!!!!


5 comments:

  1. OH ON A SEPARATE NOTE: "EUROPE" IS PLAYING AT A CONCERT IN FINLAND JULY 9/10th!!!! "EUROPE" PEOPLE!!!!! It may be the only chance I will ever have to see them play, and I may be leaving from Helsinki instead of Stockholm if tickets are reasonable!! FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!! HECK YES!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous. :) GO SWEDEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you're going to Ireland ya nerd!!!:) 9 days after I get back from Sweden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are all kinds of hostels lately, capital hostels are apt to focus on the societal distinctiveness of capital life, and are a great source of information on capital life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hosteling is appropriate a practical and cost-effective lodging choice, even for adults and families.

    ReplyDelete