Monday, February 8, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL!! TO PROVE TO DAD I'M NOT A FOOL!!!!!!!:)


IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!! Student's are arriving from a loooooooooong winter vacation today and tomorrow, teacher's have almost prepared their first 2 weeks of lessons, and the kitchen staff is ready for chaos once again, CAN YOU SMELL IT?!?! IT'S SCHOOL TIME!!!!:) Haven't been this excited to start school again since I arrived at Woodstock 6 months ago!! My lessons are almost all planned for the first 2 units, I've become more settled meaning I can relax and actually add some of my teaching personality into the lesson, AND going to give some devotions this year PLUS staff talent show!!! LOOK OUT WOODSTOCK!! Teacher's are ready to kick some major academia butt!!! Not to mention after the semester is over with a nice relaxing trip to FINLAND!!!!! These next 6 months are going to ROCK!!!! Oh and have I mentioned Woodstock's BIGGEST event is being hosted in April!! The Win Mumby Basketball Tournament!!! When I first looked over my job description it listed Win Mumby Tournament!! Now not being familiar with Win Mumby I interpreted it as win the Mumby tournament!! I was like, wow that's setting our goals kinda high!! No second place here!! AS IT TURNS OUT THOUGH, Win Mumby was a PE teacher back in the 40's and then worked for Coca Cola!!:) So that will be in April with 10 TEAMS visiting Woodstock and participating in our tournament!!! In addition to the Win Mumby Tourney, since I am assigned to Middle and Elementary school I will be in charge of the Elementary Sports Day!!! HECK YES TO THAT!!!:) Add some 3-legged races, shoe kicks, etc.!!! Oh and can't forget the EVER so important 7-legged staff races!! THAT'S RIGHT 7 LEGGED!!! 4 staff tied up together running 50 meters!! They are bound to fall and fail, which is why it will be so HI LARIOUS!!!:)

As for this past week at school it's been one common theme: MEETINGS, MEETINGS, and some MORE MEETINGS!!!:) We have BOTH our 5 year Strategic Master Plan and MSA process to finalize before this summer!!! MSA basically meaning our accreditation process as an international school!!! Also, add in some ITC (computer stuff) in betweens those 2!!! The ITC meetings have been VERY helpful!! And that's not sarcasm, they've had some pretty interesting stuff, like how Ubuntu is going to work (it's instead of Microsoft, rich jerks!!) and how to run a SMART board!!! IN ADDITION to the meetings this week was the first week of BACK INTO MARATHON TRAINING WEEK!!!! 6 out of the 7 days Mon-Fri and Sunday has been running, weight room, and Thursday/Sunday 2 hours of intense soccer!! Staff vs. Staff!!! Academia vs. Everyone Else!!! Not to BRAG or anything but Teacher's did come out with the "W" both times!! First night (Thur.) beating "The Others" 7-6!! And that was with a smaller bench!! OH YEAH!! And Sunday was complete destruction by the teacher's!! A BRUTAL 12-7 victory, and "The Other's" even had students who were VARSITY soccer players on their team!!! Not to mention we only had 1 SUB while "The Other's" had 3-4 at times!! Yeah teacher's are kinda amazing!!!:) So it's been a very ACTIVE/SITTING week!! A Ying/Yang week if you must!!! I'm thinking I would have gone crazy if I didn't have the runnings in the mornings!! One thing I can't stand is sitting!! I don't mind the content or discussion given, BUT the sitting!! OUCHERS!!!:) So that's about all I got for this posting!!! It's going to be a CARAZY couple of months coming up!!!! STAY TUNED!!!!!:)



p.s. today's picture themes are brought to you by Billy Madison (the creator of the song "Back to School") and the GREATEST MOTIVATOR OF MY GENERATION: Matt Foley!!!!!:)




2 comments: